Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Louis CK and Tig Notaro had a strange relationship before the supposed, " SNL plagiarism scandal."

Well that so called  scandal didn't seem to go very far. I found out about by seeing this. 


https://www.datalounge.com/thread/18709126-%E2%80%98snl%E2%80%99-and-louis-c.k.%E2%80%99s-plagiarism-scandal-deepens-after-tig-notaro-deems-it-%E2%80%9Cextremely-disappointing%E2%80%9D-

A real scandal however - how she faked having a stalker and then faked having cancer- has yet to get fully exposed. Just saw that this post is getting tons of hits so I just am gonna cut and paste the parts that refer to Louis CK's participation in what I consider to be a scam.

For the short attention spanners out there (and I don't blame you cause I have a short attention span too)

http://henypire.blogspot.com/2014/01/should-tig-notaro-win-grammy-for-best.html

Did Notaro tell anyone what she planned to do on stage?

Not all of it, of course, but Louis CK, would remember a detailed encounter with Notaro backstage, when he sold the set on his website, and when he set this out to all the people on his e-mail list. The Huffington Post wrote a whole piece dedicated to his "e-mail blast."

From Louis CK's Website:

 October 5th 2012- 

One night I was performing at a club in LA called Largo. Tig was there. She was about to go on stage. I hadn't seen Tig in about a year and I said how are you? She replied "well I found out today that I have cancer in both breasts and that it has likely spread to my lymph nodes. My doctor says it looks real bad. "

Three days later, Louis CK spoke to Terry Gross of NPR’s Fresh Air about the set.

October 8th 2012

So I went in and there was Tig and we're standing in the dark next to the stage and she's getting ready to go on. And I said hey, I heard you're sick. I'm sorry. And she said actually, I have cancer. And I was like what? And she said yeah, it's really bad and it's in my whole chest and it's going to go all the way to my lymph nodes and I'm not going to make it, probably. And she started telling me this stuff and, you know, my eyes filled up, I couldn't believe it.

Notaro to WBRC radio, and to Peter Holmes, and on her podcast:

"I didn’t talk to anyone backstage. I didn’t tell anyone." She went on to how shocked all the performers were afterwards.


How did Louis CK approach Notaro about releasing the tape? Woody Allen as witness?




According to Tig Notaro

“After the show It took her two months to agree to Louis C.K.’s idea to release it and is “shocked” that it’s become the No1 selling comedy album. “When you do a show it might generate chatter, but not go around the world,” she says.
(It was released at the Start of October- Cancer awareneness month, don’t ya know.)


On his website, Louis CK would say this about her reluctance to release the tape. https://buy.louisck.net/news/about-tig-notaro

“A few days later, I wrote Tig and asked her if I could release this set on my site. I wanted people to hear what I saw. What we all saw that night. She agreed.”

Vs. 

 Tig Notaro to Ariel Levy of Elle Magazine:



After the show, Notaro was revved up and stayed out with friends until 5 a.m. "I woke up at noon and turned my phone on, and it would not stop buzzing. Hundreds of e-mails, texts: ‘How are you?’ ‘I love you.’ From everyone I’ve ever known. It had just exploded on the Internet during the night; I was so confused. I had e-mails from my manager: Rolling Stone wants to talk to you, The New York Timescalled, book offers are coming in. It was like it was July and I came out of my bedroom and the house was decorated for Christmas, with a tree and presents and your whole family is there like, fa la la la la. What is happening?"

C.K. called to say he’d had a three-hour lunch with Woody Allen talking about her set, and wanted to sell a recording of the set on his website. (Called "Live," it has sold more than 100,000 downloads.)

Note: In nearly every version of this part- she says Louis CK called her the next morning and urged her to release it and she only agreed a week before October...

So, did CK e-mail her somewhat leisurely and have her agree a few days later, or did he call her the next day urging and pleading and such...? Or is Tig Notaro an insane liar. I go with the last one unless Louis CK is lying for whatever reason?

She would repeatedly make comments about how she only gave in after months of Louis CK's pestering. And, she always maintained that Louis CK called her the next day to urge her to release it because "It is very important."



A fist fight broke out... This is all during my set. I had to stay focused and talk to audience while people were pinning each other down and screaming. And one of the guys that left, the police broke his leg while they were holding him down. 

                                            Tig Notaro

And,more strange drama for Ms. Notaro via  Stef Willen,

4/21/2007 2:28:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,> swillen@gmail.com writes to alisa spitzberg:
> alisa,


 back now at my place. had a crazy night. went to the normandie room with tig and her friend from denver. we wanted to show her friend a nice, quiet bar and at the end of the evening a birthday girl wearing a I heart pusssy t-shirt calledd tig a "fucking dyke" for eating a piece of her cake, then the girl threw cake at her, and yelled at me…

No comments:

Stef Willen's Disaster, Literally.

In the history of publishing, there is a fascinating history of memoirs that get pulled from publication, after an eagle eyed reader or rea...